Why does God allow tragedy and suffering?
Have you been going through some difficult times in your life lately. I know I have and I guess if you're living a normal life then a lot of you have as well. I know from talking with some other shedmen over recent days that they have been having battles also. The blog pages have been quiet for a few days so I thought I would post this to get some gut spilling happening. But first let me put some points down to help you ponder.
1. God is not the creator of evil and suffering.
2. Though suffering isn't good, God can use it to accomplish good.
3. The day is coming when suffering will cease and God will judge evil.
4. Our suffering will pale in comparison to what God has in store for his followers.
5. We decide whether to turn bitter or turn to God for peace and courage.
I won't go into too much detail here but I have been tested on every front by recent circumstances involving one son. This has caused much friction and anger and arguments almost involving fisticuffs. However, he is our son and we love him very much and we know God will not give us more than we can handle.
My thanks to Luke yesterday for allowing me to share my suffering and for his prayer. I am also thankful that he got to share his problems with me.
I know that in my life I have encountered many difficulties from which I have gained vast experiences. I believe that God has been able to use all of this suffering in me for his Glory.
Anyone else got something to say.
Add a Comment